Published September 24, 2013
Jon Gibson (not pictured) claims that his pro-gun signs have been stolen numerous times and set up a hunter field cam to catch the culprit. He was shocked to find out that it was an officer from the Somers, N.Y. Police Department. (Courtesy of Jon Gibson)
In this frame, the officer is clearly seen kicking the sign causing it’s wooden post to snap in half. Officials for the town of Somers claim that he was merely trying to loosen the sign from the ground. (Courtesy of Jon Gibson)
Somer town officials tell FoxNews.com that the sign was removed because it was on public property and therefore a code violation. Gibson maintains that the sign was on his property and is currently obtaining a new land survey to be certain. (Courtesy of Joe Gibson)
A New York man, frustrated when his pro-Second Amendment sign kept disappearing, was surprised when the hidden camera he set up revealed the culprit to be a local cop.
Jon Gibson, of rural Lake Lincolndale, about 50 miles north of New York City, told FoxNews.com he set up a hunting field camera near the sign, which reads “Protect the Second Amendment,” and features the silhouette of an assault rifle, after two mysteriously vanished. A third sign disappeared before the camera finally captured the sign stealer — a police officer from the nearby Somers Police Department.
“It was pure shock to see,” Gibson said to FoxNews.com about first seeing the video recorded on Monday. “He had a huge smile on his face as he’s kicking down the sign.
- UNEXPECTED CULPRITHidden camera catches 2nd Amendment sign thief (foxnews.com)
- Hidden cam catches cop destroying pro-gun sign (wnd.com)
- The Second Amendment, Vandalism, and the Police (statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com)
- Cops Caught On Video Removing Pro-Gun Signs From Private Property (theburningtruth.us)
- Supervisor: Somers Police Justified In Pro-Gun Sign Removal (mtkisco.dailyvoice.com)
- Hidden cam catches cop destroying pro-gun sign (mobile.wnd.com)
- Hidden Camera Catches Culprit Taking Man’s Second Amendment Sign… Turns Out To Be A Cop (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Somers Man Fights Back After Pro-Gun Sign Removed From Lawn (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Lawyer vs. Town Supervisor: New Details in Case of Officer Taking Man’s Pro-Gun Sign (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Meet the Man who Caught Cop on Camera Forcibly Removing his Pro-Gun Sign… And why his Attorney Says it Could be a ‘Really Big Deal’ (joemiller.us)