NO ONE fired for Benghazi, Obamacare, the deaths of Seal Team Six. No ONE fired for “Fast and Furious”. NO ONE fired for the rest of the White House Scandals….
President Obama’s staff has unmasked and fired a national security official who tweeted critical comments under a pseudonym.
Jofi Joseph, tweeting under the handle @natsecwonk, once wrote: “I’m a fan of Obama, but his continuing reliance and dependence upon a vacuous cipher like Valerie Jarrett concerns me.”
A federal law enforcement official, who was not authorized to commeny on the matter, told USA TODAY that Joseph is not under investigation, as has been reported
Other Obama staff members and officials — including Secretary of State John Kerry and former National Security adviser Tom Donilon — had also been targeted by @natsecwonk, which was shut down last week.
The secret Twitter feed also raised questions about the administration’s handling of the 2012 attack on a U.S. facility in Benghazi, Libya.
The Daily Beast, which broke the story, reported that Joseph, who is well known in national security circles, “has also worked at the State Department and on Capitol Hill for Senators Bob Casey (D-Pa.) and (Vice President) Joe Biden. Until recently, he was part of the administration’s team working on negotiations with Iran.”
- White House fires Twitter critic (usatoday.com)
- White House official tweeting as @natsecwonk exposed, fired (twitchy.com)
- Finally, Someone In Obama Admin Has Been Held Accountable And Fired (stoptheaclu.com)
- White House official fired for running Twitter account that trolled the White House (dailydot.com)
- White House official fired for tweets (cnn.com)