NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown flap
The Missouri chapter of the NAACP appealed for the U.S. Department of Justice and the Secret Service to launch an investigation and open a federal case against the rodeo clown who donned a mask of President Obama’s face and mocked with the crowd: Do you want to see a bull run down Mr. Obama?
The NAACP says the clown was guilty of inciting violence against the president.
In a statement reported by Breitbart, the NAACP’s state president, Mary Ratliff, wrote: “The activities at the Missouri State Fair targeting and inciting violence against our president are serious and warrant a full review by both the Secret Service and the Justice Department. Incidents involving individuals acting out with extreme violent behavior in movie theaters, schools, churches, political appearances, and outdoor events in general speaks volume to the irresponsible behavior of all the parties involved with the incendiary events at the Missouri State Fair.”
The rodeo incident has grabbed national headlines. And the fallout so far has included the resignation of the head of Missouri’s rodeo-clown organization, and the announcement of Missouri State Fair officials that all rodeo clowns will now have to take sensitivity training as a condition of their employment.
Meanwhile, the clown who actually performed the skit — donned a mask of the president and mocked as an announcer asked the crowd if they wanted to see a bull run him down — has been banned for life from state rodeo performances.
- NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown flap (washingtontimes.com)
- NAACP: DOJ, Secret Service Must Investigate Possible Obama Assassin Rodeo Clown (patdollard.com)
- The Left’s Absurd Reaction To Rodeo Clown Mockery (leomcneil.net)
- Rodeo Clown Discovers Whether America Is Still Free (moonbattery.com)
- That’s a clown question, bro: Rodeo clowns asked to take ‘sensitivity training’ (grumpyelder.com)
- Priorities: NAACP wants Eric Holder, Secret Service to probe rodeo clown thoroughly (twitchy.com)
- NAACP Wants DOJ and Secret Service to Investigate Rodeo Clown (1800politics.com)
- ‘Nails it!’ Drudge headlines, C.S. Lewis quote put rodeo clown flap in snarky nutshell [pic] (twitchy.com)
- Racism: Naacp: Doj, Secret Service Should Investigate Rodeo Clown (thisisliberalism.wordpress.com)
- Priorities: NAACP wants Eric Holder, Secret Service to probe rodeo clown thoroughly (akula51.net)