Yet another confirmed ship heading for the Mediterranean Sea next week…
A guided missile cruiser. What would you use on of THOSE for? (Probably shooting other guided missile cruisers?)
MOSCOW, September 6 (RIA Novosti) – Russia will send another warship to the Mediterranean Sea next week, a high-ranking Russian Navy official told RIA Novosti Friday.
The Kashin-class guided missile destroyer Smetlivy from the Black Sea Fleet is due to leave the port of Sevastopol on September 12-14, the official said, adding that it is to join the Mediterranean task force “on a rotational basis.”
A group of warships, including the large amphibious landing ships Novocherkassk and Minsk, as well as the electronic intelligence ship Priazovye joined the Mediterranean fleet earlier on Friday, he said.
He also said the Slava class guided missile cruiser Moskva will reach the Mediterranean Sea, where it will take over from the Admiral Panteleyev destroyer, on September 17, and on September 29 the missile boat Ivanovets and the guided missile ship Sthil will reach an area off the Syrian coast.
- Russian destroyer enters east Mediterranean to head task force – report (rt.com)
- Russian destroyer enters east Mediterranean to head task force (usahitman.com)
- Russian Destroyer Enters East Mediterranean To Head Task Force – Report (thecontroversialfiles.net)
- Russia to send missile cruiser to Mediterranean (famagusta-gazette.com)
- Russia Sends Missile Cruiser “Moskva”, Destroyer And Frigate To Syria (zerohedge.com)
- Russia sends warship with ‘special cargo’ towards Syria (en.trend.az)