WASHINGTON – Ten Republican senators have called on President Obama to fire Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, who is overseeing the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and its troubled website.
Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) and nine other senators told Obama they were concerned not only with the botched rollout of healthcare.gov, but the implementation of the broader law, which they all oppose. Dozens of House Republicans have also pushed for Sebelius’ dismissal.
“While assurances have been made that solutions are forthcoming, we have little confidence that immediate resolution is imminent,” the senators said in a letter to the president Thursday. “We believe that action must be taken swiftly to protect the American people from further fallout. If a similar rollout from any other national company or private-sector business resulted in overwhelming and sustained problems, a high-profile dismissal would be expected and appropriate.”
- Fire her! Ten Republican Senators Press Obama to Relieve Sebelius (jpupdates.com)
- 10 Republican senators want Sebelius fired over Obamacare rollout (latimes.com)
- 10 GOP senators urge Obama to fire Sebelius (usatoday.com)
- Signing Up for Obamacare Can Give FELONS Your Personal Info (tomohalloran.com)
- 10 Republican senators want Sebelius fired over Obamacare rollout (sacbee.com)
- Obama: regrets not ‘as clear as we needed to be’ on Obamacare pledge (reuters.com)
- 10 Takeaways From Kathleen Sebelius’ Testimony (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Two Major Fact Checkers Are Saying President Obama Isn’t Telling You the Full Truth (theblaze.com)
Reblogged this on Brittius.com.