I personally just don’t see a military coup in the United States as an option. But is my view of the world the same as others’ beliefs? Probably not. When it comes right down to it, with my vast amount of time as a military man, from my point of view, I can’t say that absolutely, definitely a coup could or would take place. The truth is, in MY time, no such thing could have or would have happened. But other factors are in play here that I would never have considered myself – but others might.
The Spanish have a long and storied history for coups – in fact, Mexicans and most Previously-ruled-by-Spain Central and South American countries follow suit. When the people get mad, they start a war. Someone winds up on top in the end, usually the existing military and a strong leader (regardless of his moral and ethically leanings). Most south and central American countries are what we consider “banana republics”.
Is America becoming a Banana Republic?
Let us look:
A Banana republic is a pejorative term for a country with a kleptocratic government, often with a primitive economy and sometimes a puppet state of a major power.
The more proper definition being: Banana republic is a political science term for a politically unstable country whose economy is largely dependent on the export of a single limited-resource product, such as bananas. It typically has stratified social classes, including a large, impoverished working class and a ruling plutocracy that comprises the elites of business, politics, and the military. This politico-economic oligarchy controls the primary-sector productions and thereby exploits the country’s economy. (Wikipedia)
kleptocracy: Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, (from Greek: κλέπτης – kleptēs, “thief” and κράτος – kratos, “power, rule”, hence “rule by thieves”) is a form of political and government corruption where the government exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the ruling class at the expense of the wider population, often without pretense of honest service. This type of government corruption is often achieved by the embezzlement of state funds.
plutocracy: Rule by the wealthy. We’re technically not being ruled by the wealthy, but then again we are. Rich lawyers are elected thus rich lawyers are in charge of most of the government’s various sectors. Companies lobby for power in the government (and I have no trouble with open markets).
So this author’s guess is that ARE a Banana Republic, or more accurately rapidly degenerating into a Banana Republic. We still have a Constitutional Republic and most of us KNOW this and MOST of us wouldn’t do anything against “the government” in the military. Whether some rogue officer would start something, I just don’t know – but I just can’t SEE it happening.
On the other hand…
1) Morals are in decline.
2) America is in decline.
3) Money is becoming worthless.
4) The economy is tanking.
5) Things are not worth what they once were.
6) People are in “gimme gimme” mode.
7) The President himself is working to divide people of this country.
8) The Left is fighting the Right on guns and every other thing you can imagine.
9) Detroit is the first major city to have fallen.
10) Other cities won’t be far behind.
11) Obamacare will destroy what’s left of the economy.
12) Oil and Coal are verboten.
13) Scandal after scandal has rocked DC and those are being called “phony”.
14) More people are on government help than are working now.
15) Political corruption
16) Government corruption
17) borders are uncontrolled, the “barbarian hordes” are coming through daily, by the thousands
18) the government coffers are being sucked dry by “entitlements” and the government keeps wanting more from the working people, the “rich” and corporations.
Rome fell for the many of the same reasons; moral decline, political corruption, “barbarian knowledge of Roman tactics” (think about that for a moment), a failing economy, unemployment of the working “class”, decline in ethics and values, natural disasters, barbarian invasion (Hmmmm…. border security?), military decay (not being trained right, and reduction in forces), and many other reasons.
So could a military coup take America back? I can not answer that question but I can certainly suggest that this country is in a condition which will facilitate such a thing happening. But will some military officer be able to gain enough power to lead enough American men, who are independent thinkers, into such a one way path? I seriously doubt it will happen. I don’t doubt the fall of America is upon us.
- A Military Coup Will Remove Obama (sgtreport.com)
- Is America Going to Hell in a Handbasket? (lewrockwell.com)
- What I saw at the Coup (Matt Bracken)
- General David Petraeus tipped over as the head of the CIA
- Obama Considering John Kerry (Who Served In Vietnam) For Defense Secretary
- Sequestration: The Disarming of the United States of America
- The Leftist Plot to Destroy the US Military
- Transasian Axis Thread “Obama and the Military: Their Coup or his?”
- When Is A Military Coup Not A Military Coup? When The US Says So (zerohedge.com)
Reblogged this on Brittius.com and commented:
I highly doubt any US military would engage in a coup. Too far fetched. A civil collapse, is another matter.